Architect Associate/Staff Designer
Anderson Studio of Architecture and Design seeks a full-time dynamic Architect Associate/Staff Designer to join our Charleston, SC office. The Architect Associate/Staff Designer will be part of a design team, contributing to the success of client projects primarily through production tasks. Project locations range from the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic regions of the US to the Caribbean.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Graduate of an accredited 4 or 5 year architecture school
- 4-8 years experience as an Intern Architect, preferably in a firm with a high-end residential design and production focus
- Proficiency with software programs to include:
o AutoCAD Architecture
o Adobe Creative Suite
o Microsoft Office Suite, with an emphasis on Xcel and Word
- Knowledge of architectural graphic standards
- Understanding of the architecture practice and associated processes
- Field experience, including the capability to perform as-built measurements, knowledge of IBC for Life Safety and general code compliance
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on communication, teamwork and collaboration
- Proven ability to problem solve complex issues, both as a member of the team as well as individually
- Highly organized
- Ability to perform tasks in a logical and timely manner
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be motivated, willing to learn and take direction
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, work samples and salary requirements via email with Architect Associate/Staff Designer in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Non-local candidates will be considered. However, the position does not offer a relocation allowance.
The Anderson Studio of Architecture and Design is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Anderson Studio of Architecture and Design elevates the business of building to the fine art of architecture. Its award-winning team of architects and interior designers has planned, designed, furnished and/or renovated a distinctive portfolio of private homes, speculative residences, historic structures, luxury resorts, commercial offices and restaurants in geographic locations ranging from the Southeast and the West Coast of the US to the Caribbean. To learn more, please visit our website: www.theandersonstudio.com.